Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus....WTF?!

Good news...I tested positive for MRSA...in English it means I had a Staph. infection. I don't know how the heck I got even got it. The Doctor says most people walk around with a staph bacteria and it sometimes just so happens to find it's way into your body through dry and cracked skin or an open wound or something. Sounds so fun!!

So how do you get rid of the infection?? Well, it's the most painful process in the entire freaking world...seriously...on Friday he had to cut me open. So first he numbed me...stuck a freaking needle right into the infection. I cried because it hurt SOOO bad. Then he took a knife and cut open the top of the infection to drain the puss out (I hope you aren't eating lunch or dinner right now, while reading this). And now the Dr. has me on anti-biotics and I swear it's making me have really bad dreams. The other day I took nap and had a collage of bad dreams in during one nap....my dog turned rabid and attacked me....I witnessed the worst motorcycle accident....I discovered Santa wasn't real! It was a crazy dream.

Anyway...these pills I have to take are HUGE. I get anxiety everytime I have to take them, wondering how that pill can possibly be swallowed without choking. CRAZY! So now you all know to NOT get MRSA. Save yourself the pain! :-)

T

2 comments:

Jay and Emily said...

Poor Trevor! I feel so bad for you! I have to admit that I was cracking up when you mentioned having the bad dreams! :) I hope you feel better soon and that you get used to taking those huge pills.

The Dean's said...

Dude, your gross. but i love you anyway!