Tuesday, February 3, 2009

"Okay, campers, rise and shine, and don't forget your booties 'cause it's cooooold out there today....."


Remember that quote? It's from the hilarious film, "Groundhog Day!" Well, yesterday was officially Groundhog Day; the day when Puxatony Phil comes out of his cage to predict whether or not Winter will continue for six more weeks. The old-fashioned tradition is if he sees his shadow and gets "scared" we have six more weeks; if not, we are moving on to spring.


Each year I eagerly wait for this moment. By this point of the season I am so sick of the winter, and driving in the snow, I am rooting for him to not see his shadow and be happy. Well, of course it was not any different this year. That stupid rodent saw his shadow...again...and we are stuck in this inversion-fested season. Who freaking died and left him in charge huh? It's such a joy walking outside and feeling like you've just smoked six packs of cigarettes without even lighting one up. I love having to scrape my window off each morning before I can drive to work.


I just want to wear shorts and flip-flops and ride my motorcyle around. I can't wait for this dreaded winter to be over and things can be sunny and warm!!

1 comment:

Filomena & Juergen said...

TJ, just jump over to Aruba and you will have enough sunshine and warm weather!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You're welcome