Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Trevor's Really Big Vacation - Chapter 1

That's right folks, I'm on VACATION!!!!! This will be the daily blog about my adventure to the crazy big island of Hawaii. I know most of you are having a hard time continuing on with your daily life in the lovely career/school world, while I enjoy mai tai's and get my tan on while sitting on the beach. Hard life :)

My trip began on Monday morning. Amazingly the packing went very well...TOO well. I managed to fit everything into one suit case (for 7 days). I'm just waiting for the moment to discover that I forgot something. I loaded the car and was on the way to the airport...called my mom to let her know I was leaving ok and to say aloha for the week. I parked in the economy parking lot and hopped on the shuttle to the Delta Terminal (time now is about 10:25).

I had the instinct to pull out my flight itinerary just to double check. In my head I'm thinking, "I'm fine. I have over an hour until my flight. I'm making great time." Then I look at the itinerary..."DEP: 1100am." AHHHHHHHHHHHH! haha I froke out big time (and yes I said FROKE!) I rushed to the Delta desk to check in...they lectured me about being late (I hate when they do that) and checked my bag. I am totally great at getting through security really fast...usually...I totally picked the slow line, and then I forgot to take my laptop out of the bag so that slowed me down a bit too...LAME! *sigh* oh well. I got to the gate, and people were still in line waiting to get on so I made it *phew*

My first flight was to L.A. where I would connect to my flight to Kona. The flight to Hawaii is so long!!! UGH!! haha Thank goodness for first class and In Flight movies...not to mention alcohol! The movie the plane played was Fools Gold with Matthew McConaughey!!! OMG!! Why!? Why must he have such a good body. One day Trev. One day. Then on my laptop, I watched August Rush!!! WHY!? Why must someone be soooo genius with music. One day Trev. One day! haha so my flight there turned into this crazy time of jealousy haha. But I am going to Hawaii and many people are jealous of me. All better.

I landed...FINALLY about (8:30pm Utah time). I have never been on a flight where you exit off of the plane on to the tarmac. It was kind of fun...definitely and indication of SMALL airport. I walked towards the baggage claim. There were some people waiting for family with their cameras ready, and I finally found my two friends who came to pick me up. Angie and Kristine. They greeted me with a fresh, and real Hawaian lei! It was so awesome....I got "leied" We got onto the "freeway" which was really just a bigger version of 7th South haha (Definitely indication of Small town). As we drove towards the resort, the landscape is pretty much lava rock on the right, and ocean on the left. No trees...wait...there was one random tree that I remember seeing. Still pretty.

We finally arrived to the resort and it is SOOOO beautiful. I went to the front desk and checked in, and was just so ecstatic to be here. After checking in we walked down to where my room was: The Lagoon Tower. We took the elevator up the 5th Floor and came into a room that Angie told me she had upgraded for me. She opened the curtain to show me the AMAZING OCEAN VIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was in complete heaven!! I could also look down from my Balcony to see the cool Dolphin show that takes place at the resort. ANGIE IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) I also found a lovely welcome amenity of Fruit and Water prepared for me. I have great friends.

Kristine and I then proceeded to go to dinner. The resort is so large you can either get around by a little boat, or the tram. So we took the boat to dinner, and road the tram back. It was fun. It was such a long day for me. It gets dark here about 8pm. So my body shifted back to Utah time at that point (which was about 12pm Utah time) and I started getting really sleepy haha. Sat on the balcony and listend to the waves a little bit, called my mom to let her know I got here safe, and put on some TV and fell asleep.) Good day it was.

NEXT ON TREVOR'S REALLY BIG VACATION: Trevor and Kristine take a trip to the beach. Will Trevor overcome his ancestors struggle of not knowing how to swim? Will he brave the huge waves and the scary sharks? Tune in to tomorrow's blog!!!

3 comments:

The Dean's said...

sounds like good times T! MISS YOU and HATE you for being in Hawaii!

Can't wait to hear more about it!

Tell Angie and Kristine HI for me and tell them I miss them.

CALL me about VEGAS, we need to figure out how to get there...

LOVE YOU!

Michelle said...

I second what Stefanie said--I hate you for being in Hawaii! Also, can you really get more tan than you already are? ;-)

Sounds like fun! Have a great time and I hope I'll see you sometime soon!

heidikins said...

Roger,

So...where are the pictures of this lovely beach? Because really, without photographic evidence I think you are making it all up.

xox
Shaniqua.