Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Trevor's Really Big Vacation - Chapter 2

Ok, so first of all...can I just say that traveling back in time 4 hours, really messes up one's sleep. There are times I keep waking up at like 7am Utah time, which is only 3am in Hawaii. Luckily I've been able to fall back asleep for another hour or so before I finally just wake up and get my day started. But it's cool...I'm on vacation!

THE AMAZING SHOWER
The Hilton has amazing guestrooms. I took THE best shower. It's so crazy how amazing a shower can be. But the showerhead distributed such an even flow of water. The temperature was so perfect. The shampoo had this amazing aroma to it. Then when I got out to dry off, the fresh, nicely folded towel did me so much justice. It was amazing soft....*sigh*. Haha ok, enough of the shower, but it was great!

BREAKFAST AT THE PALM TERRACE
The Waikoloa Village Resort is split into like 3 or 4 different lodging Towers. I am in the Lagoon Tower which is the furthest West. I decided to have breakfast at the Palm Terrace which is in the Ocean Towerw (complete opposite side). So I walk down to catch the Tram ride over. Of course it is BARELY leaving as I walk up. So I decided it would be nice to just walk down and catch it at another stop. Well, apparently I was barely walking too slow. I kept missing it by a tiny bit. So I ended up walking the entire way down there. But it was a nice walk. Took pictures of things on my way down.

So I get there. I check in and get my name on the list. It was a crazy 30 minute wait, even for just myself. So I sat down and watched people for a bit until they were able to seat me. I ran into the family I sat next to on the Airplane ride here, so I said hi to them for a bit.

It was finally my turn to be seated (after only about 15 minutes). They sat me RIGHT infront of the buffet, which was perfect. The buffet wasn't anything too special. Just your typical Hilton Breakfast Buffet. My property offers the same style, but it was definitely good. The annoying part of breakfast was the crazy birds that were EVERYWHERE. These little...sparrow's? were just begging for food and flying all over the place. It was funny...the table next to me had their coffee served and then got up to get food from the buffet. While they were gone, a sparrow? decided to bathe in his coffee haha. Another lady sitting across from where I was really froke out (there's that froke word again) and she froke out loud when a sparrow? frightened her. haha

The Buffet was so good, I decided to get up for seconds. I made my rounds and then I stopped by the omlette station to get some Maple Syrup for my French Toast. While I was doing so, the chef attendant there looked at me and said "Sir, here is the omlette you ordered." I had a very confused look on my face.

"Um, I didn't order an omlette."
"You didn't?" She replied
I quickly responded sarcasticly, "I think you have me confused with the OTHER black guy getting breakfast."

The OTHER black guy happened to be like 50 years old and balding and had some greyish hair...another account of how some people think we black folk look alike haha.

THE DAY'S OUTDOOR ADVENTURES!
After breakfast, I thought it would be good to walk off all of that food, so I went on a little hike for a bit. It was a nice hike along the shore line. The waves were great! I got pictures of some fun little creatures and the beautiful water. It was nice and soothing.

My friend Kristine called (she took the day off to spend time with me! How nice of her!!!) and we arranged to meet at 11:30am to head over to the beach together. I was excited. So I made my way back to the hotel, took a little nap (because I was already a little tired haha). And then made my way downstairs to the lobby to meet her. We stopped by Angie's office (Angie is the hotel's director of Events and Catering) so Kristine could get her bonus check. While in Angie's office, I met Jeanette - The Healthy Non-Religious Female who's main excuse for not being mormon is because she wouldn't be able to drink wine!!! She has this great Brittish accent, and the personality to go with it. She is HILARIOUS!!! I think we are planning to meet up with her on the 4th of July (but while we are with her, we won't be celebrating the 4th of July because she is from Brittain) haha.

We said our good-byes and headed up to the beach. It was Spencer Beach and it was about 15-20 minutes up the road. By the time we got there it was a little overcast and not so sunny....dang it!! But that's ok. We set up camp on the beach. We had our little beach chairs, and our cooler full of snacks. We must have stayed at the beach for like 4 hours. Played in the water....I played in the Sand a little bit. We sat and just talked. It was nice and laid back. My favorite thing about this whole trip.

After the beach, we headed up north some more and went to Parker Ranch in Waimea (Parker Ranch is more "Cowboy" country of the island.) They had a few little shops that we went into. Then we stopped by this little restaurant that Kristine had read about. It's called "Pau" which means "Finished...or over". So almost like it was place for people to go when the day was done and work was finished or something. Anyway, I had this amazing pizza and salad. It was sooooo yummy. I really want to go back there once more before I'm gone.

After dinner, it was finally about 7:30 pm and Kristine drove me back down to the Hotel and dropped me off. I came back and got in the Hot Tub down by the pool and sat there for about 45 minutes. Made friends with this couple (Tyson and Sarah) they just got married and are on their honeymoon. They are from Arizona. Very fun. Then I went back up to my room and just lounged around. With it being after 8pm in Hawaii it was after 12am in Utah. So my body had began to shut down. I lounged around on the Balcony for a little bit with a glass of wine, watched the dolphins play. They are cute. I came inside got in bed and started watching some TV and was out within probably 5 minutes haha. SUCH A NICE DAY!!

NEXT ON TREVOR'S REALLY BIG VACATION: Trevor heads to Honolulu to meet up with THE Jennifer Stapley, and his roommate Andrew. Stay tuned for all the juicy details of this crazy adventure! :)

2 comments:

The Dean's said...

souds like your having a blast!!!

SayitwithanH said...

I don't think you should ever write two chapters of a vacation. I would simply call it a short story and leave it at that. ;)