Sunday, March 18, 2012

The Yankles Day 2: "I’ll Trade my Pickle for a...Nickel!"

Current mood:tired
Well folks, here we are; at the end of Day 2 of the big shoot. What a long day!!! Call time this morning was 7am at Granite High School in Salt Lake, and my portion of shooting ended at 7:20 PM. Gotta love 12 hour days.

As I pulled up to the shoot this morning, I was thinking "Oh this will be great. We are inside, and out of the heat, this will be soooo nice." Well, apparently, schools don't believe in A/C during the summers, and it ended up being hotter than Africa (my homeland) in there. Today we were in black suits and wearing black hats, and so we seemed to sweat quite a bit.

But at least it was a fun day. The guys and I really got to sit and talk/bond a lot, and it made it a really good time. Most of today's filming took place in the school cafeteria. The "Arts Department" had everything put together for us....trays of what seemed to be sandwiches....but really, I'm pretty sure it was a big wheat roll with a long pickle and a piece of lettuce on the side...oh and a bowl of pineapple. And I'm also pretty sure I DIDN'T receive any dessert hehe. Well, that's ok, I assume it's "Kosher?" The funny part is, I was trying to get someone else to trade my pickle with something better of theirs. I guess they weren't having it! haha After about 5-6 hours of shooting that scene, the pickle became really gross and yucky....I surely didn't eat it haha.

After we were done with the cafeteria shots (it was about 6:30pm by now) we moved into the Kitchen of the School for one final shot. As they were setting the lighting and getting everything ready for this shot, the guys and I found a walk-in freezer that we managed to get into and keep ourselves cool for a minute haha "How Many Yankles can you fit into a walk-in?" It was pretty funny, and maybe you'll end up seeing those on the behind the scenes footage haha

Tomorrow we are shooting down in Payson...anyone know where that is, because I sure don't! I hear it is about 20 minutes SOUTH of Provo, so basically about an hour and 1 hour and 15 minutes or so from SLC. We arranged a carpool down there so we all don't have to drive ourselves individually at the end of each night. Our call time tomorrow is 9:00 so not too bad...but I wonder if that means they'll keep us super late tomorrow!!! OH JOY! haha

Thanks for reading....stay tuned!

No comments: