Monday, March 19, 2012

The Yankles Day 9 (and 10): "Wanna Bet?!"

(Originall Written on August 24, 2007)
Current mood:artistic



Hello Sports fans! I guess I should never say never! I am bringing you two blogs in one again, but this time due to technical difficulties. I had blogged for Day 9, but somehow when I went to post, it didn't post, and all was lost!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! That was a long blog too. So I will try to remember what happened on Day 9 as much as I can, while still bringing you the fresh Day 10 as well.

Day 9:
We had an extremely early call time to the set...6:30 AM. I pushed myself to go to bed by 9:00 PM the night before so I could be well rested. Well, I am not used to going to bed that early, so my body woke up at about 2:00AM and couldn't sleep. So I got up, and did some laundry (very productive eh?) played around on the computer a little, and watched some TV. By the time 3:15AM rolled around I could tell I was pretty tired, and went back to sleep for another hour and a half. At 4:45 I woke up (for real this time) and got ready and took care of the dog. The car pool met at the Smith's at 5:45 AM!!!!!!! It was WAY too early to even think.


As we drove down it was still pretty dark. We noticed it was stormy also (cloudy, with lightning)...this wasn't a good sign. If it rained on us today (the day we had SOOOO many baseball shots to get out of the way) it would mean we might have to add a day like a saturday (which I have no days to add!!!). So I was starting to stress out a little about that. But the rain seemed to hold off (THANK GOODNESS!)


I finally started feeling like an actor in the movie hehe. Today was the day that we shot my scenes with most of my dialogue in it. Everyone even commented on how great my accent sounded. I was always worried that it sounded...Russian...hehe.

**THIS JUST IN: It was discovered today that Mark (The Catcher) went to the doctor to get an official exam and such from the doctor, and turns out that he has a TORN ACL!!!!!! That's a big time injury. It means surgery and even a lifetime complication for the knee. So I guess we'll wait to hear about his fate in the production. There really isn't much he can do, because there is a lot of physical activity in the movie....Stay tuned to the News at 11 for more details.**
One of my scenes today was me being up at bat, and hitting the ball and running to the bases. The "A" Camera was located right in front of me on the Pitchers Mound...scary!! The first throw I missed, but the second throw I hit and it went straight at the $500 Gazillion Dollar camera. EEK!! Luckily there was a great catcher by the camera and he saved the day haha. I hear the shot looked great though....it made David (the Director) kind of duck in his chair as he watched on the monitor haha.

So today the production staff finally noticed that there weren't enough seats for all of us Yankles, so they had set up a little tent/lounge for us to sit in while we waited to shoot. It was much more comfortable than the ground. At some point I laughed and made a funny face while doing so, and the guys were saying I looked like an old man, and they took a picture lol. I don't think it was THAT bad haha.

We also played some more Bocce Ball in our down time. We tried getting a little more challenging today, by throwing the ball into complicated places like over fences and such. It was fun.

We didn't end up actually finishing all the games we had scheduled to shoot that day...in fact, we only got through one game. I surely thought that since we didn't finish, and that was a lot to cover that we would come back to the field and shoot again tomorrow....so Jared and I made a bet (me in favor of coming back tomorrow)...well, I lost. At least it was only $5.00. DAMN!!!!! haha I guess they will have to make it up by adding another day somewhere in the next week, or cutting the scenes all together. We'll see I guess!!


Day 10:
Today was a fairly easy, and simple day! (Which is great especially after such a tiring week at the baseball field.)

We we back in Provo and shooting the Vietnamese Restaurant Scene. We were shooting at the China Town Restaurant. Our basecamp was actually a ways away from the scene. So we met there, ate breakfast, and then they had a shuttle that took us over to the location where we were shooting.


Surprisingly enough, Mark was there ready to shoot. All of us were wondering what he could possibly do with being injured and all, but who knew. So he got shuttled over to the set with everyone, but then soon after I guess they excused him for the remainder of the shoot. That's right....he got "let go." I'm assuming because he was a big liability for the production. If he were to get hurt more on set, it could put the production in a real bind.

Today, again, they had a little Cast lounge set up (Behind the Restaurant) with chairs for us all. The restaurant was a little too small for us to just hang out inside. The shoot went pretty well (no lines for me today). And they let us go early so we ended up being done around 1:00 PM. We went back to basecamp and ate some lunch. The gang thought it would be fun to go see a movie, so we had made plans to go see Rush Hour 3. Well, before we left, rumor had it that the Producer had checks for some of the Non-Speaking Yankles, but he wouldn't get them until he finished lunch, so we all hung around waiting. Turns out he actually didn't have their checks. There was some confusion about who was doing them or something. So he promised they would have them on Monday. I feel bad for them!!

Here are some more fun pictures from the day (or our "lounge" area outside of the restaurant)



Anyway, that's it for this blog, bringing us to the end of Week 2! One more week left...CRAZY!!!

Have a good weekend!!!

No comments: