Monday, March 19, 2012

The Yankles Day 7 (and 8): "Bad attitudes are not conducive to a creative environment!"

(Originally Written on August 22, 2007)
Current mood:exhausted

Ok, ok, I'm sorry! I am sorry I missed out on blogging. I had to play "hookie." It was a long day, and by the time I got home I was in bed and out!!!

So today, never fear, because we bring you 2 days in 1! Yesterday we arrived at our new shooting location.....Springville High School...in Springville of course. It really isn't very far from Payson actually, so the commute is still a little "fun." The scenes being shot here are most of our baseball action shots. So everything is outside.

We arrived yesterday noticing that "base camp" where all of our trailers are located, was a significant distance from our actual set for the shoot. So there was a shuttle bus that was taking people back and forth, or you could choose to walk over. Walking is pretty good for you, so we decided to just walk over. Luckily I brought a big blanket, so I found some nice shade, and put the blanket down to lay on when we had a break.

The whole atmosphere of the cast and crew seemed somewhat altered yesterday. A lot of changes had to be made since Mark hurt his knee, and in turn that made everything very tense and stressful. Especially with how hot it was it just was not a good day. We go done at about 7:00 PM last night which is nice.

Today, our call time was a little earlier (7:30 AM), so meeting for carpool wasn't as exciting as we all pretty much rolled out of bed right before we got there. It just wasn't my morning....I hit snooze a little too much and woke up late...the dog got out of the yard this morning, so I had to chase her down, I ran out of gas on the way, and then on the way to Smith's in Draper (to meet the Carpool) I was pulled over for speeding!!! EEK!!!!!! I haven't been pulled over in such a LONG time, I almost didn't know what to do. Needless to say, I was about 10-15 minutes late this morning, but weird enough, Tyler was even more late than me, so I didn't feel as bad.

So we got down to Springville, I had just about 6 minutes to grab some really gross, mass-cooked eggs and bacon, and headed back to my trailer to get in wardrobe. Today, they trimmed my beard so that it doesn't seem like it has grown for a week on the film, even though it really has. Having a beard is weird!! I am not really used to it.

When we got to the set (after getting in wardrobe) it was decorated and dressed to look like the Yankles field -vs- the Springville Field. However, pretty much EVERYWHERE was declared a "safe zone" (meaning we couldn't sit there because the camera would see that spot). So shade was EXTREMELY limited!! GRRRRR! We seemed to be doing a lot more today, however, we stood in the SUN a lot, and that is just really REALLY exhausting.


Like usualy while we waited, we continued our daily talk show "Talking Shit." The ultimate quote of the day was a screwed up line, "Thanks Coach! Now I don't have to spend all day on my knees!" haha The correct line was suppose to be "Thanks Coach! Now I don't have to squat all day!" haha Later in the show, the definition of SMEGMA was revealed...quite the description hahaha. A few of the guys played Bocce Ball while we were just hanging out. Michael proved to have quite the technique and was very fun to watch!!


Today Matt and I caught Jared sleeping. It was pretty funny/cute haha. He seemed soooo comfortable, and was probably having great dreams! Our favorite part was that his hand was so pleasantly placed in the cupholder of the chair he was sitting in!


Overall it was a pretty easy day. They even let us go pretty early (6pm!!!) It was pretty awesome...(wow, I think it's time for a new adjective lol) However, guess what time our call time is for tomorrow (Day 9)....? 6:30 AM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EEK!!!! So yeah, we got to go early, but that just means they get to claim us earlier and get away with it. We have to, by SAG regulations have a straight 12 hour down time between days. So tomorrow will definitely be a long day with a LOT to get through. But staying busy is definitely much more preferred!

Anwyay, I've got about 30 minutes before bedtime since I have to be up at the BUTT CRACK of dawn (5am!!!)

No comments: